Furthermore, strongly typed data can be stored in the registry, as opposed to download missing file the text information stored in .INI files. This is a benefit when editing keys manually using regedit.exe, the built-in Windows Registry Editor. Registry Editor also allows you to access the keys and values of another user on the same Windows installation or another Windows installation on a different or same PC. As mentioned above, the Windows Registry is stored in several files. You can load these individually and mount them to the root of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
Types Of Information In The Registry
How Is The Registry Structured?
- Otherwise, select Selected Branch, and REGEDIT automatically fills in the key you selected in step 1.
- In the File Name text box, type the name of the file into which you want to export the Registry.
- If you don’t add a file extension, REGEDIT uses the default file extension (.REG).
- Then all you have to do is execute the batch file to copy SYSTEM.DAT and USER.DAT to a safe place.
- To restart Windows 98 quickly, choose Shut Down from the Start menu.
Our community of customers and product experts are ready to answer your questions. Some keys may be empty, though they still contain a Default value. That’s because all keys must contain a value or a subkey.
Prior to the Windows Registry, .INI files stored each program’s settings as a text or binary file, often located in a shared location that did not provide user-specific settings in a multi-user scenario. By contrast, the Windows Registry stores all application settings in one logical repository (but a number of discrete files) and in a standardized form.
According to Microsoft, this offers several advantages over .INI files. Since file parsing is done much more efficiently with a binary format, it may be read from or written to more quickly than a text INI file.
- مدیر روابط عمومی
- آبان 2, 1399
- 31 بازدید